Montague Corporation Warranty for Aftermarket Products
Montague warrants its products to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of two years after original purchase. Claims under this warranty must be made through the retailer where the bicycle or the Octagon component was purchased. Original proof of purchase is required. Montague’s sole obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the Product, at Montague’s option. This warranty only applies to the original owner and is not transferable.
To the extent allowed by local law, in no event shall Montague or its third party supplies be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages.
This warranty does not apply to:
- products that have been incorrectly installed and/or adjusted according to Montague’s respective technical installation manual.
- damage to the product caused by a crash, impact, abuse of the product, non-compliance with manufacturers specifications of usage or any other circumstances in which the product has been subjected to forces or loads beyond its design.
- products that have been modified.
- products where the serial number, logo, or production code has been deliberately altered, defaced or removed.
- normal wear and tear. Wear and tear parts are subject to damage as a result of normal use, failure to service according to Montague’s recommendations and/or riding or installation in conditions or applications other than recommended.
Wear and tear parts are identified as:
- Adjustment button assembly
- Quick release bushing
- Stripped threads/bolts (aluminum, titanium, magnesium or steel)
This warranty shall not cover damages caused by the use of parts of different manufacturers. This warranty shall not cover damages caused by the use of parts that are not compatible, suitable and/or authorized by Montague for use with Octagon components. This warranty shall not cover damages resulting from commercial (rental) use.
The customer may also have other rights which vary from state to state. To the extent that this warranty statement is inconsistent with the local law, this warranty shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such law, under such local law, certain disclaimers and limitations of this warranty statement may apply to the customer.